OUR GREEN POLICY
Go green with chocolate!
We recognise that our work may have a direct or indirect effect on our local and international environment. It is, therefore, our aim to reduce this impact by implementing our following Green Policy:
Cocoa Red GREEN POLICY
SUSTAINABLE COCOA AND INGREDIENTS
- All cocoa is to be sourced from environmentally and socially responsible plantations.
- Always disassociate yourself from cocoa bean producers who use abusive labour practices.
- Always be willing to pay more for your cocoa beans. This does not only guarantee excellent quality cocoa beans, it also guarantees a fair price for the cocoa farmers.Reduce your ‘carbon foot print’, by sourcing local and seasonal produce at every opportunity.
- Strive to ensure that all ingredients used are SUSTAINABLE (have been created using fair labour practices and at the lowest cost to our environment).
- Always ensure packaging is as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Never ‘over package’ or use materials which add unnecessary volume.
- To minimise waste, use our especially made shipment boxes.
- Consumption of paper is to be kept to a minimum. Always ‘double side print’ whenever possible.
- Recycle any waste paper which cannot be reused.
- Limit your use of water and energy.
- Rinse and recycle all glass bottles.
- Recycle all printer cartridges.
- Re-use any suitable boxes we receive.
- Compost all suitable left over ingredients.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY
- Always consider any chocolate related request which may benefit our community
- Always offer work experience to at least one person per year.
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT
COCOA RED AGREES TO MEET ALL
OF THE CRITERIA SET OUT ABOVE